The BKPA is proud to continue long term support for the British Transplant Games as a GOLD Sponsor. In addition we give over £50,000 each year in sponsorship to 14 children’s and adult’s teams to enable them to compete.
With over 1,800 transplant patients now taking part the event is a wonderful celebration of life, stamina, passion and determination.
All the athletes have a personal story triumph and adversity to tell – some are small children and others are in the 70’s; some are competing to win and others are simply taking part. What BKPA and everyone has in common is:
- the determination to show what a transformation a transplant can make
- thank organ donors
- raise awareness of the need for others to think about organ donation.
This year’s Games are in Liverpool. If you’re on low income and you want to compete you can apply for a grant from the BKPA. We support teams and individuals.
BKPA and The British Transplant Games
- The need for more Organ Donors, with people still dying every day whilst they wait on the transplant list
- To recognise and thank Donors and their Families
- The need to keep fit and active in order to maintain health as people recover from life threatening illness and strive to live life to the full.
How we can help
We're keen to support patients of all ages taking part in both the British Transplant Games and the World Transplant Games. If you're on low income and finding it difficult to raise the funds, then you can apply to the BKPA for a grant. Last year the BKPA supported more participants than ever competing both in the UK and abroad.